Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Preparations

Today I had lunch with a good friend and we were talking about missions. He asked me how I was preparing for my trip. My first thought was towards all the loose ends I had to tie up till going: car insurance, health insurance, phone bill, leave of absense at work, banking situations, etc. I started to explain that, but then he stopped me to ask me about my spiritual preparations. It's funny that I am about to embark on a spiritual adventure, but my first thought is towards the physical, not the spiritual. How many times when we are with God do we automatically think about our physical state, not spiritual state? Silly Kelly and thinking that only the physical are the only preparations that need to be done. My prayer as I prepare to go abroad is that God prepares my heart, my mind and my focus on to things that He wants, and realize that He has everything under control.

random side note, God in His infinate way of having everything under control allowed me to use my tax refund to take care of my car insurance and health insurance while being away so I no longer have to worry about where that money is coming from!

2 comments:

  1. I did the same exact thing before applying for my venture.
    Remember that?

    Everything will fall into place if you let Him take it.

    I'm super stoked for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY KELLY! I'm on bogspot now!! Anyway, This sounds really awesome for you.

    ReplyDelete