Wednesday, April 8, 2009

confirmation

so these past few weeks since I found out that I was accepted for this great adventure, part of me was holding back.

what part you ask?

I found out that I was accepted, but did not receive a funded position. What does that mean? Instead of paying $2600, I was responsible to raise my entire support of $10,100. I have always been raised to believe that when God calls you to ANYTHING, God will equip you. I firmly believe that money should not be the reason to stop you from going on a missions trip. Before accepting, I prayed and realized that God was just holding me accountable to what I was saying. It was now time to put my words into action.
I prayed.
and waited for a confirmation from the Lord
and prayed some more
I was feeling uneasy about sending out support letters asking help in raising such a large amount of money. Something was holding me back, but what?
questions kept circling my head.
Was this really what I was suppose to be doing?
Was selfish Kelly getting in the way with her desire to travel and explore other areas of the world?
Is this what God REALLY wanted me to do? Was he trying to teach me the same story He taught Abraham with his willingness to sacrifice something so close to his heart? (Granted it wasn't a son I was sacrificing, but once again, letting go of MY desires and MY plans)
I realized that I need to COMPLETELY let go. If God REALLY wants me to do this, He WILL provide a way. This was my decision on Wednesday night.

THURSDAY. I'm at work.

My phone rings.
I answer it.



It's my missions coordinator. She calls to tell me that she is able to offer me a FUNDED position.
God is TRUELY in control. His power, His grace, it's INFINATE. God has me in the palm of His hand. He has called me, He has confirmed that this is what HE wants, He has equipped me.

$600 down, $2000 left!!!

1 comment: